Municipal Court

The City of Neodesha Municipal Court is held at 2 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Court is held in the Commission Room at City Hall, 1407 N. 8th.

  • Court Judge: Judge Joslyn M Kusiak
  • City Attorney: Doug Depew, Attorney at Law, Contact Doug Depew


Georgia Carnett
Interim Court Clerk
1407 N. 8th
Neodesha, KS  66757
Ph: (620) 325-2828
Fax: (620) 325-2481


Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions About Court

Types of Payment

We accept cash, check, money orders, cashier's checks, Mastercard, and Visa.

Please call (620) 325-2828 to verify if your citation can be paid without a court appearance. We accept credit card payments over the phone.

Due Dates 

Fines are due in full on the day of sentencing. Payments must be received on or before the due date.

If you do not pay your fine according to your payment schedule, your account will be turned over to collections.

What to Bring to Court

Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:

  • Proper identification (driver's license, Kansas ID, passport)
  • Your copy of the citation
  • Appearance letter and/or court documents
  • Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
  • Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
  • Method of payment (money, credit card, checkbook, debit card)
  • Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
  • Provide the court with your current address
  • Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing or hats.  Cell phones should be silenced during court. Shirt and shoes are required 


If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined. For more information, comments, or questions contact us at (620) 325-2828.


A subpoena is a court order that requires a person to appear in court to give testimony or to present documents and related articles to be produced as evidence at a hearing. A process server or officer will serve a witness personally with a subpoena. The City Attorney may also ask a witness to appear voluntarily without serving a subpoena.

If you have received a subpoena, follow the instructions on it. Failing to follow a subpoena is considered contempt of court and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.


If you fail to appear on your court date or comply with the court's orders, the municipal court judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. If you are stopped by an officer for any reason, the officer will arrest you and take you into custody.

For more information, comments, or questions contact us at (620) 325-2828.